16 MP AI-Selfie
4500K soft-toned selfie-light
Dual 12MP + 5MP cameras with bokeh effects
Huge 18:9 full-screen display | Face Unlock
From ₹ 9,999
Redmi Y2 (Mi Y2): Top 5 Features
- Undoubtedly, the key highlight of the new Redmi Y2 is its 16MP resolution front-facing camera. Similar to the 20MP selfie camera on the Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Redmi Y2 front-facing camera comes with AI Beautify 4.0 feature that uses AI-based technology to enhance your selfies and has been “fine-tuned” for consumers in India. This means the Beautify feature will preserve bindi and beards when beautifying user selfies. The 16MP front camera also gets an LED flash to help users capture selfies in low-light.
- At the rear, Xiaomi’s new Redmi Y2 is equipped with an impressive 12MP + 5MP dual-camera setup with phase detection autofocus and supports Full HD video recording. The dual-camera setup also comes with an AI Portrait mode to let users capture photos with a nice bokeh effect.
- The Redmi Y2 runs on the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core 14nm processor as the Redmi Note 5. While it may not be the most powerful mid-range SoC on the market, there is no doubt that the chip does provide decent performance combined with great efficiency. The chipset is clocked at 2.0 GHz and features an Adreno 506 GPU.
- Almost the entire front of the Redmi Y2 is dominated by the 5.99-inch IPS display with 720 x 1440 HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. Xiaomi says the panel used on the Redmi Y2 has a peak brightness of 450-nits, 1000:1 static contrast ratio, and 70.8% NTSC color gamut coverage. Like other Xiaomi smartphones, it also offers a Reading mode and color temperature adjustment.
- Another feature that differentiates the Redmi Y2 from the Redmi Note 5 is Face Unlock. Similar to the Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Y2 users will be able to unlock the device in the blink of an eye. All you have to do is place the Redmi Y2 in front of your face and turn on the display to gain access. If you don’t find the Face Unlock feature secure enough, you can also use the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor to gain access.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 full specifications
|Release date||7 June 2018|
|Dimensions (mm)||160.73 x 77.26 x 8.10|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||3080|
|Colours||Dark Grey, Gold, Rose Gold|
|Screen size (inches)||5.99|
|Processor make||Snapdragon 625|
|Expandable storage type||microSD|
|Expandable storage up to (GB)||256|
|Rear camera||12+ 5 megapixel Dual DSLR|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 b/g/n|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v 4.20|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
|Gyroscope / Face Unlock||Yes|
Mi S2, Mi Y2, Redmi S2, Redmi Y2, Xiomi S2, Xiomi Y2, Best Smart phone under 10,000.